Swanport v Sportsmen
Reigning premier Swanport remained unbeaten after an eight set win over Sportsmen down at Sturt Reserve on Saturday.
The “Swannies” snuck away to a two set lead after the early doubles with Leigh Ryswyk and young Jacob Godden combining well to get the better of experienced duo Dave Altmann and Dave Schulz.
For Sportsmen Phil Marks and Jack Joy survived a tight tiebreak encounter against Albert Goodridge and Jack Daniels in the third double.
The singles were evenly contested with Swanport holding a slight advantage winning seven of the twelve sets on offer.
Leigh Ryswyk and Jack Daniels had good wins while the lower order played well.
Albert Goodridge, Matt Lindner and Dylan Schenscher won comfortably while David Schenscher and Mandy Lindner both survived encounters against their younger opponents 7-5.
For the Sportsmen, Jason Schulz managed to wrestle a tight win over Will Crane while Jason’s father David won an entertaining match against Mick Godden 6-3.
Jack Joy and Luke Crouch were comfortable winners while in the battle of the rising stars Ralph Catipay was in menacing form, knocking off Jacob Godden 9-1.
With Swanport within sight of victory they put the foot down clinching five of the six reverse doubles to in the end run out comfortable winners’ 16 sets to 8.
Postel v Schools
Postel bounced back from last week’s defeat to score a comprehensive twelve set win over Schools.
After an even start where the early doubles were split, Postel went on a singles blitz capturing ten of the twelve sets contested.
Top duo Anthony Lapinskas and Hermann Magerkorth both survived their tough encounters 9-7 while Mark Holmes, Gary Bald, youngster Connor Watson and big hitting David Crouch had more comfortable wins over their opponents.
The wily Rob Butcher, Zach Wachtel and Tom Daniel all worked through to finish with hard fought 6-4 victories in the middle order while youngster Kobe Allen continues to improve with a good 6-3 win.
For Schools, captain Kylie Bormann had a big win over Aidan Morrell while Paul Howell won well.
With the points already in Postels keeping they continued on their winning way capturing five of the six reverse doubles with two of these being in tiebreaks to run out big winners 18 sets to 6.
SWANPORT 16 SETS 140 GAMES V SPORTSMEN 8 SETS 106 GAMES
- DOUBLES: L.Ryswyk and J.Godden v D.Altmann and D.Schulz 9-5; W.Crane and M.Godden v J.Schulz and R.Catipay 9-6; J.Daniels and A.Goodridge v P.Marks and J.Joy 8-9; R.Morell and M.Lindner v K.Farnham and B.Hattam 9-3; D.Schenscher and D.Schenscher v J.Lannan and C.Johnson 9-0; M.Lindner and R.Farnham v L.Crouch and A.Hein 5-9
- SINGLES: L.Ryswyk v D.Altmann 9-4; J.Godden v R.Catipay 1-9; W.Crane v J.Schulz 5-7; M.Godden v D.Schulz 3-6; J.Daniels v P.Marks 6-3; R.Morrell v J.Joy 2-6; A.Goodridge v K.Farnham 6-1; M.Lindner v B.hattam 6-1; D.Schenscher v J.Lannan 7-5; D.Schenscher v C.Johnson 6-1; M.Lindner v A.Hein 7-5; R.Farnham v L.Crouch 2-6
- REVERSE DOUBLES: L.Ryswyk and W.Crane v D.Altmann and R.Catipay 1-6; J.Godden and M.Godden v J.Schulz and P.Marks 6-3; J.Daniels and R.Morrell v J.Joy and B.Hattam 6-4; A.Goodridge and M.Lindner v K.Farnham and J.Lannan 6-4; D.Schenscher and M.Lindner v C.Johnson and A.Hein 6-1; D.Schenscher and R.Farnham v L.Crouch and D.Bald 6-2
SCHOOLS 6 SETS 106 GAMES V POSTEL 18 SETS 145 GAMES
- DOUBLES: J.Bormann and K.McFee v A.Lapinskas and H.Magerkorth 9-5; N.Bolt and K.Bormann v M.Holmes and G.Bald 9-5; T.McFee and O.Bolt v A.Morrell and R.Butcher 9-4; T.Juergens and D.Altmann v Z.Wachtel and D.Crouch 2-9; P.Howell and L.Thomas v C.Waechter and T.Daniel 1-9; K.Madigan and C.Thomas v K.Allen and C.Watson 4-9
- SINGLES J.Bormann v A.Lapinskas 7-9; K.McFee v H.Magerkorth 7-9; N.Bolt v M.Holmes 2-6; T.McFee v G.Bald 5-9; K.Bormann v A.Morrell 6-0; O.Bolt v R.Butcher 4-6; T.Juergens v Z.Wachtel 4-6; D.Altmann v D.Crouch 1-6; L.Thomas v T.Daniel 4-6; P.Howell v C.Waechter 6-1; K.Madigan v K.Allen 3-6; C.Thomas v C.Watson 0-6
- REVERSE DOUBLES: J.Bormann and N.Bolt v A.Lapinskas and M.Holmes 2-6; K.McFee and K.Borman v H.Magerkorth and G.Bald 6-7; T.McFee and T.Juergens v A.Morrell and Z.Wachtel 6-2; O.Bolt and D.Altmann v R.Butcher and D.Crouch 6-7; P.Howell and K.Madigan v C.Waechter and K.Allen 2-6; L.Thomas and C.Thomas v T.Daniel and C.Watson 1-6