A range of businesses are offering special discounts for Thomas Foods International (TFI) employees, contractors and/or fire crews in the wake of last week's fire.
Most require employees to present a current payslip.
- Afghan Charcoal Kebab House: 10 per cent discount for TFI employees. Visit 58 Bridge Street, Murray Bridge.
- Bank SA: Financial consultations for TFI employees and their families. Call 1800 048 978 or visit banksa.com.au/assist.
- Bridge Trophies and Partyware: 10pc off gifts, homewares and lollies for TFI employees, plus 25pc off partyware between January 15 and 31. Visit 58 Bridge Street or search for “Bridge Trophies & Partyware” on Facebook.
- Bridge Windscreens, Tint 4 U and Sign Designs 4 U: 10pc off all services until January 31 for TFI employees.
- Farm Fresh Market: 15pc off all produce until January 31 for TFI employees.
- Harmonious Massage: 20pc discount for TFI workers who book up to four treatments before June 30. Search for "Harmonious Massage" on Facebook.
- Infinity Hair and Beauty: 50pc off all haircuts for TFI employees and contractors. Call 8543 6806 or search for "Infiniti Hair & Beauty" on Facebook.
- Johnston Withers Lawyers: 30 minutes of free legal advice on employment rights for TFI workers next Wednesday or Thursday, January 17 or 18, on a first-in, best-dressed basis. Call 8532 5800 or visit 25 Seventh Street, Murray Bridge.
- Knights Party Hire: 10pc off for TFI workers. Visit 134 Adelaide Road, Murray Bridge.
- Mayf's Cleaning and Gardening Services: 20pc off all jobs for TFI employees and fire crews. Call 0405 141 449.
- McCue's Bakery: Half-price hot baked goods, buns, bread and rolls after 4pm weekdays for TFI workers. Visit 60 Adelaide Road, Murray Bridge.
- Monteith Meats: 10pc off meat until January 20 for TFI employees and emergency crews. Call 0431 208 000 or search for "Monteith Meats" on Facebook.
- Murray Bridge Community Centre: Half-price lunches on Tuesdays in January and February for affected TFI employees and contractors. Book by the Thursday beforehand by calling 8531 1799 or search for "Murray Bridge Community Centre" on Facebook.
- Murray Bridge Community Children's Centre: 10pc off casual bookings during January and February for TFI employees with children aged six weeks to 12 years; conditions apply. Call 8532 4094.
- Palmer Hotel: Buy one meal, get one of equal or lesser value free this Thursday or Friday night, Call 8569 4054.
- St Joseph's School: Collecting school uniforms for affected families from January 15. Drop off at the school, 1 Florence Street, Murray Bridge.
- Tony Anderson: Free tax advice for TFI workers. Call 0409 092 640.
- Westpac: Financial consultations for TFI employees and their families. Call 1800 012 501 or visit westpac.com.au/assist.
Many other businesses have provided the Australian Meat Industry Employees Union with vouchers or other offers which will be distributed at a barbecue for workers this Friday.
Among them are NAB, ANZ, Work Secure, Lennon Brothers Circus, Dutton Motors, Hungry Jack's, McDonald's, Woolworths, Coles, AMIST Super, Big W, Bridge Building Supplies, Mitre 10, TFI, Murray Bridge Newsagency and Toyworld, Bunnings and local Rotary and Apex clubs.
Anyone else interested in making a donation or offer can contact the AMIEU.