STATE MP for Barwon Kevin Humphries has announced he will not re-contest the seat in the March 2019 NSW election.
In the meantime, Mr Humphries said it will be business as usual and he is looking forward to the coming budget announcements.
“I was afforded an extended period of time as the Nationals candidate in the lead up to the 2007 election and I want to pass that same opportunity on to the next candidate for the Nationals,” he said in a statement released on Thursday afternoon.
“My wife Linda and I have worked hard to raise the issues and profile of the Barwon Electorate in Macquarie Street and beyond. We will continue the support and advocacy within the electorate in the lead up to the next election.
Mr Humphries previously served in a number of ministries while holding the seat of Barwon across a number of portfolios including healthy lifestyle, mental health, natural resources, lands and water.
“It continues to be a privilege to represent such a vast and diverse electorate,” Mr Humphries said.
“Over the next year and a half I am looking forward to a number of new key announcements which continues the rebuild and reforms that have been enacted.
“The state is in good hands politically and now in an excellent financial position to inject further funds that will see the investment in our communities that they deserve.”