The program for the Murraylands University of the Third Age (U3A) Open Day at the White Park Community Clubrooms has been finalised.
There will be photographic displays of U3A in action during 2017.
Different activities will be showcased across the day:
- 10.00 Physical activity -“Balance and bones” , Art
- 10.30 Genealogy, Book discussion groups, French
- 11.00 Coffee and Chat - meet other members over a cuppa
- 11.30 Embroidery, Card making, Creative writing, Music Appreciation
- 12.00 Adobe photoshop demonstration
- 12.30 Volunteer opportunities at U3A - chat over sandwiches
- 1.00 Ukulele - Come and Try
- 1.30 Mahjong, Scrabble, Cards, Chess, Backgammon, Rummikin
- 2.00 Photography, Computing, iPad, Tablet, Social media
- 2.30 Coffee and Chat - Meet other members over coffee
If you are over 50 and actively retired or semi retired, this is an opportunity to call in and explore the many social and educational activities that are offered in Murray Bridge.
Programs are offered by volunteer tutors who share their knowledge and expertise with other U3A members.
U3A is always on the lookout for new courses and activities.
If there is an activity that you would like to suggest or if you have skills that you would like to share with others, this is an opportunity to make a connection.
More than 250 U3A members are currently engaged in U3A lifelong learning programs and activities and through this are able to maintain and build strong connections with their local community.