Murray Bridge's new hard rubbish collection service is up and running.
Every resident of the rural city with a kerbside bin is now entitled to get rid of one load of bulky waste – furniture, appliances, building supplies and so on – per year.
Residents can arrange the collection of up to two cubic metres of rubbish from their homes by booking two weeks in advance, or request a voucher that entitles them to dump a six by four trailer-load at the Brinkley waste transfer station.
Hard rubbish for collection must be put out after 6pm and will be collected at 6am on the arranged morning.
Twenty-seven residents took advantage of the service in the first nine days after its opening on November 20.
- More information, including a complete list of permitted items: www.murraybridge.sa.gov.au/hardwaste or 8539 1100.
- Book a collection: 8375 2060.
- Bikes or lawnmowers
- Blinds and curtains
- Floor coverings, guttering or wooden off-cuts (up to two metres)
- Scrap metal (boxed) or iron
- Wire, rope and hoses (bundled)
- Ammunition, explosives or gas bottles
- Car batteries
- Bricks, rocks, concrete or building materials
- Fire extinguishers
- Liquids or chemicals
- Tyres and car parts