South Australian Police are investigating an attempted break in at Murray Bridge North School on Wednesday, December 27.
At 11.37am on Wednesday, multiple alarms were activated at the school on North Terrace.
Police attended and located an insecure building with jemmy marks on a window frame, as well as fingerprints.
Anyone with information about the incident is urged to contact Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000 or report online, with SA Police reminding potential callers that they can report anonymously.
Those who need to report any unusual behaviour on school grounds can contact police by calling 131 444.
SA Police also offered the following tips around suspicious behaviour:
- Report unusual noises, such as glass breaking.
- Look out for fresh graffiti and vandalism and report it to police on 131 444. The early removal of graffiti can help to discourage more graffiti in the same area.
- Look for unusual vehicles parked at schools on weekends or during holidays.
- Watch for groups 'hanging around' on school grounds - this can be a starting point for crime to occur.
- No-one should be on school grounds very late at night or in the early hours, so always report it.