RAMBLER rising star Jessica Katae won the Murray Valley Standard Shield as the 2018 River Murray Netball Association A grade best and fairest at the annual presentation night at Mypolonga on Saturday.
The star defender had a breakout season for Ramblers and was featured in the 2018 Team of the Year.
Katae won the award on 45 votes ahead of runner-up Jenna Daniels, of Imperials who polled well and finished on 41 votes.
2018 best and fairest winners
- A reserves: Angel Budarick, Meningie, 40 votes
- B grade: Lacey Williams, Imperials, 34 votes
- B reserves: Demi Dunn, Imperials, 64 votes
- C grade: Catherine Challinger, Mypolonga, 43 votes
- 17 and under: Kiarra Paech, Tailem Bend, 41 votes
- 15 and under div 1: Danielle Daish, Imperials, 71 Votes
- 15 and under div 2: Bella Schubert, Mypolonga, 44 votes
- 13 and under div 1: Piper Wegner, Mannum, 60 votes
- 13 and under div 2: Chloe Allen, Ramblers, 59 votes
- 11 and under div 1: Roxanna Tyler, Jervois, 22 votes
- 11 and under div 2: Skye McFarlane, Tailem Bend, 54 votes
- Mandy Snell Memorial Best 17 and under player: Danielle Daish, Imperials 71 votes
- Shirley Stephenson Perpetual Trophy 13 and under division one and division two (combined): Piper Wegner, Mannum, 60 votes
- Bob Tanner Perpetual Trophy 15 and under division one and division two (combined): Danielle Daish, Imperials, 71 votes
- Charlie Klose seniors highest votes: Demi Dunn, Imperials, 64 votes
- RNMA Best Umpire 2018, Kylie Borman, Ramblers
- River Murray Netball Association Award Best Senior Club: Winner: Mypolonga
- Best Junior Club Award: Ramblers
- Meningie Fodder “the Most Successful Club Award”: Mypolonga
- Life Member: Nicky Smith
To see the River Murray Netball Association’s Team of the Year and Team of the Decade, click here.