* The team has waited over nine months for a red-ball victory. Prior to Perth, their most recent win (overshadowed by the staircase stoush between David Warner and Quinton de Kock) came in Durban.
* Tim Paine's side have lost Tests in Port Elizabeth, Cape Town, Johannesburg, Abu Dhabi and Adelaide. It would have been a six-Test losing streak if not for a dramatic draw in Dubai.
* Some 21 players have donned the baggy green. Chadd Sayers, Aaron Finch, Travis Head, Marnus Labuschagne and Marcus Harris have all make their debuts.
* Nathan Lyon has delivered more than 2500 balls in Tests.
* Australia have also found white-ball wins hard to come by in that stretch. They suffered a seven-match ODI losing streak, the nation's worst slump in that format.
* Warner, Steve Smith, Darren Lehmann, James Sutherland, David Peever and Pat Howard have all either stood down, been stripped of their leadership positions or sacked.
Australian Associated Press