Melissa Tapper has been named the Arthur Wilks para athlete of the year at table tennis' 2019 national para championships, staged in Murray Bridge earlier this month.
Best and fairest awards were also handed out in the following categories:
- Men's wheelchair: Jessy Chen
- Women's wheelchair: Danni Di Toro
- Men's standing: Ma Lin
- Women's standing: Yang Qian
- Class 11: Sam Von Einem
- Junior male: Toby Mills
- Junior female: Haley Sands
- Junior encouragement: Lenny Properjohn
Table Tennis Australia congratulated all athletes, coaches, managers, officials, volunteers, family and friends who contributed to the event, as well as Table Tennis South Australia, the organising committee and Murray Bridge and District Table Tennis Association.
The event will next be staged in 2020.