The children in out of school hours care at Murray Bridge North School have been anticipating Anzac Day, next Thursday, as keenly as anyone.
They recently made a "poppy tree" to honour and show their respect for all the men and women who have put on uniforms to defend Australia, and to remember those who never returned home.
The red poppies on the tree symbolised the servicemen, and the purple poppies the animals, who sacrificed their lives for the nation.
Dawn services will be held at war memorials across the Murraylands, including:
- Bowhill: Riverfront, 6am
- Coonalpyn: War memorial, 6.30am
- Kanmantoo: War memorial, 6.15am
- Karoonda: Memorial gates, 10am
- Mannum: Randell Street war memorial, 5.45am
- Meningie: Memorial Park, 6.15am
- Murray Bridge: Sturt Reserve, 6am
- Palmer: War memorial, 6.30am
- Peake: War memorial, 7am
- Strathalbyn: Soldiers' Memorial Garden, 6am
- Tailem Bend: Memorial garden, 5.45am
- Tintinara: War memorial, 7am
- Walker Flat: Community hall, 6am
- Wellington: War memorial, 6.30am
The Standard will not publish a Tuesday edition next week due to Easter, but will return on Thursday.