Two Murray Bridge athletes competed at the recent CAPO National Powerlifting Championships held in Wattle Grove, Perth on August 17-18.
Janet Smith competed in the female masters 50-54 age group and the open female 75kh weight classes.
Smith performed well during the competition to place second in the open female category and second in the overall female masters category.
At the end of the competition, Smith ended up with four Australian masters powerlifting records and four world maters powerlifting records.
Smith is now back into serious training to represent Australia in the World Powerlifting Championships in Finland in November, 2019.
- Squat: 160.5kg - broke the current world record by .5kg
- Bench press: 95kg - breaking the current world record by 22.5kg
- Deadlift: 205kg breaking the current world record by 45kg
- Total ending at 460.5kg - also breaking the current world record.
Kevin Conway competed on Sunday in the male masters 100 kg weight class - 60 years age class.
Conway will also be traveling to Finland in November for the World Powerlifting Championships.
- Squat: 160kg
- Bench press: 100kg
- Deadlift: 255kg - Australian record and world record, breaking the old deadlift record by 35kg