Police have laid murder charges against two Murray Bridge men after finding another man's body at Jervois on Wednesday.
The two men, aged 49 and 30, were initially charged with assisting an offender after allegedly using a red ute to dump the body.
Those charges were upgraded at Murray Bridge Magistrates' Court on Thursday afternoon.
Members of the public have been asked to come forward with any information which might help the investigation.
That investigation has so far focused on two houses in Murray Bridge: one where police found a "bloody crime scene", and another where they seized the ute.
However, court suppression orders prevent The Standard from publishing the addresses of the two houses, to protect the identities of the victim and of the two men charged with his murder.
The suppression orders are due to be reviewed on Tuesday.
Detective Superintendent Des Bray said police hoped to learn more about any movements at the two houses between 5pm on Tuesday and 10pm on Wednesday.
"We would appeal to anybody who has seen the (red ute) or any other vehicles attending those addresses at any time (on Wednesday or Thursday) to contact Crime Stoppers immediately; and, in respect to the (ute), anybody who has seen the movements of that vehicle in and around Murray Bridge or Jervois," he said.
Police have identified the victim as a 47-year-old Murray Bridge man who lived at the house where police believe he was beaten to death.
Friends had reported him missing after he was last seen between midnight on Tuesday and sunrise on Wednesday.
His body was found behind some mounds of dirt about 250 metres from the corner of Jervois and Generals Corner Roads, in the vicinity of a disused rubbish dump.
Murder was terrible, Superintendent Bray said, no matter who the victim was or what circumstances surrounded the death.
"Invariably they're always completely unnecessary," he said.
"There's no excuse for violence of any kind."
- Crime Stoppers: 1300 333 000 or www.crimestopperssa.com.au.