Trek-Segafredo's Richie Porte will roll into Murray Bridge wearing the ochre jersey as leader of the Tour Down Under after yesterday's stage three.
"The team was fantastic, firstly," he said after crossing the finish line yesterday.
"I have to take my cap off to those guys - they put all their faith in me today.
"My neo-professional teammate Juan Lopez was really good and it was a shame it was such a headwind in the final; (without it) I think we could have done some real damage."
Murray Bridge's main street was shut early in the morning to allow event staff to set up barriers and two-storey-high TV screens, and TV camera crews to pick their spots, ahead of this afternoon's stage finish.
Spectators were already setting up camp by 8.30am.
A community event started at Mannum's Mary Ann Reserve at 8.30, and proceedings in Murray Bridge's city centre will ramp up around 11am.
Thousands of participants in the public Challenge Tour will arrive at the finish line throughout the day, while the professionals are expected to reach it just after 3pm.
Tour Down Under race director Richie Porte said the last stretch of today's stage, from Mannum, would be tough for riders.
"The crosswind between Mannum and Murray Bridge will be a considerable element to contend with - definitely conditions to suit sprinters," he said.
"Crosswinds can play a big element in the race in terms of a breakup of the field so it'll be an interesting day for the Challenge Tour and the World Tour peloton.
"The Challenge Tour in the Subaru Breakaway Series is a fantastic way for the public to officially engage with the race and experience riding under the finishing arch after pedalling 162.2 kilometres in the ultimate test of stamina.
"They get to experience everything about the race on the same course as the professionals who will follow later in the day."
The following roads will be closed during the day:
- Harrogate Road, Harrogate: Black Heath Road to Mail Road, 7am-12.30pm
- River Lane/Wattle Street, Mannum: Randell Street to Trewartha Street, 6am-4pm
- Bridge Street, Murray Bridge: Swanport Road to East Terrace, 5am-7pm
- Mary Terrace, Murray Bridge: Swanport Road to East Terrace, 6am-7pm
- Railway Terrace, Murray Bridge: Mannum Road to Bridge Street, 6am-7pm
- Seventh Street, Murray Bridge: Third Street to Bridge Street, 6am-7pm
- South Terrace, Murray Bridge: Swanport Road to West Terrace, 6am-7pm; West Terrace to Seventh Street, 6am-5pm westbound, 6am-7pm eastbound
- Third Street, Murray Bridge: Mannum Road to Seventh Street, 6am-7pm
- West Terrace, Murray Bridge: Third Street to Bridge Street, 6am-7pm
- Olive Grove Avenue, Palmer: Randell Road to Reedy Creek Road, 6.30am-1.15pm
Speed restrictions will apply on a number of other roads.
Parking will also be restricted in areas close to the closed roads, as well as on Murray Bridge's wharf.