South Australia has some of the best produce in the world - and the state's growers and harvesters are often at the forefront of new and innovative practices on ways to produce sublimely tasting foods.
Each year Australian producers are celebrated through the delicious. Harvey Norman Produce Awards, which showcases the best producers and the best products from around the nation.
The current list of South Australian winners were announced after state judges took part in some intensive processes to find the winners.
delicious. editor-in-chief Kerrie McCallum thanked the state judges and congratulated all of the state winners.
"The delicious. Harvey Norman Produce Awards are committed to celebrating new, innovative, native and consistently outstanding Australian ingredients grown, caught, sourced or produced with dedication, passion, knowledge and regard for the environment," she said.
"The awards give credit to the producers who care deeply about the produce that is served to us in restaurants and on our plates at home.
"Affected by the severe drought, devastating bushfires and now the Covid-19 challenges, it has never been more important to support our farmers and producers.
The state entries will go on to be judged by a Sydney-based panel in May to decide the 2020 Gold Medal winners with a full national panel to meet ahead of the October awards to determine the trophy winners.
The winners which will be revealed in mid-October include: Producer of the Year; Best New Product; In the Bottle; Outstanding Viticulturist; Outstanding Region; Outstanding Farmers Market; Outstanding Innovation; Outstanding Design; the Maggie Beer Award for Outstanding Contribution to Australian Food; the Unearthed Next-Gen Chef Award; Outstanding Native Producer; Outstanding Artisan; and new award: Unearthed Next-Gen Producer.
2020 State Winners - South Australia
- La Vera Cheese -The Genuine Art of Cheesemaking - Belmondo Buffalo Blue (Newton)
- Riverside Dairy - Sheep's Milk Haloumi (Lyndoch)
- Section28 Artisan Cheeses - Section28 Sunrise (Woodside)
- The Dairyman Barossa - Artisan Farm Cream & Butter (Williamstown)
- Ngeringa Produce - Ngeringa Biodynamic Salad Greens (Mt Barker Summit)
- Singing Magpie Produce - Black Genoa Semi Sun Dried Figs (Monash)
- Mayura Station - Mayura Station Signature Series (Canunda)
- Nomad Farms - Nomadic Pastured Heritage Chook (Finniss)
- Paroo Premium Kangaroo - Paroo Kangaroo (Athol Park)
- TDM Free Range Farms - Free Range Berkshire X Pork (Mt Pleasant)
- Ausab - Yumbah Greenlip Abalone - Whole in Shell (Wingfield)
- Clean Seas - Spencer Gulf Hiramasa Kingfish (Pt Lincoln)
- Coorong Wild Seafood - Seasonal Wild Catch - Carp (Meningie)
- Gazander Oysters - Gazander Oysters Premium Pacific Oysters (Pt Lincoln)
- Goolwa PipiCo - Live & Fresh, de-sanded and ready to cook Pipis (Goolwa)
- Kinkawooka Mussels - Kinkawooka Mussels (Pt Lincoln)
- Two Gulfs Crab - Blue Swimmer Crab Meat (Largs North)