South Australia is keeping border restrictions in place for Sydneysiders despite a second day of no new COVID-19 infections in NSW.
SA's transition committee met on Tuesday and decided against changing the current measures.
However Police Commissioner Grant Stevens said another meeting later in the week could consider the possibility of adjusting the boundaries around the areas of concern.
Under current rules, people travelling from Greater Sydney, the Central Coast and Wollongong are not allowed into the state unless they are exempt or an essential worker.
Mr Stevens said South Australia still wanted to see 14 days of no community transmission before easing restrictions.
On the current trajectory, that would lead towards the end of January, assuming there were no more cases.
"Fourteen days of no new community transmission is the trigger we're looking for," the commissioner told reporters.
"The clock restarted on the weekend when a new cluster was identified."
Premier Steven Marshall said SA did not want to retain any measures for "one day longer than we need to".
"But we've got to get the balance right between the health of the state and also our economy," he said.
"We really needed to understand the situation in NSW. We don't want to take any risks that put our great quality of life and our economy in jeopardy."
Mr Marshall said it was still hoped the remaining travel restrictions could be lifted in time for the Adelaide Festival and the Festival Fringe next month.
"But we don't want to go too early because if we go to early we might find ourselves with heavy restrictions in our state during that festival time," he said.
"That wouldn't be good for our economy and it certainly wouldn't be good for jobs."
SA reported no new COVID-19 cases on Tuesday.
There are currently 11 active infections, all people in hotel quarantine after returning from overseas.
There have been no positive cases in any of the tennis players or their support staff currently quarantining in SA ahead of a one-day exhibition tournament later this month.
Mr Stevens said so far the arrangements for the players had proceeded "exceptionally well".
"Everybody is doing as best as they can to comply with the requirements. We're several days into it and there's been no hiccups," he said.
Australian Associated Press